March 28, 2008

Don't Believe Everything You Hear!

Guess who's going to be on the radio this weekend?

A few weeks ago, the very talented host, Ann Bocock, interviewed me for Florida Forum on WXEL. For some reason, I responded to one of her questions: "My husband and I play Scrabble every night."

Ha!!! I work nearly full-time, raise two teenage boys, care for two pets and volunteer. By the end of most days, I barely have the energy to floss my teeth! Hubby and I enjoy a competitive game of Scrabble about four times a month.

Despite my minor goof, I thoroughly enjoyed the interview. You can hear it this Sunday, March 30th at 11 a.m. or Monday, March 31st at 7 p.m. on South Florida's radio station 90.7 or online at wxel.org. Click on the "listen live" button at those times or listen to a Florida Forum rebroadcast later.

A big, whopping thank you to Allison Fraclose at teensreadtoo.com for her nice review. (And I didn't even have to bribe her with lemon squares or bright, shiny objects!) The "gold star" review is posted at teensreadtoo.com and on Amazon. Here's a snippet: "Extremely well-written, this book surprised me with its humor, action, and poignancy. With this winning combination, this is a read you will certainly want on your ticket!"

Much thanks, also, to Sandra Louden for being my guest blogger this week and for sharing her 22 years of greeting card writing experience. I'd love to hear from anyone who uses her advice and sells a greeting card or two.

Stay tuned. Next week, guest blogger, Bob Younce, talks about why we need writers.

Happy weekend,
Donna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Donna! I'll tune in.

Though you and Dan only play four games of Scrabble a month, I bet you both use really big words!

Linda Marlow

Wild About Words said...

Actually, Linda, it's those two-letter words that win the game, like "ZA" which is short for pizza.

Thanks for commenting!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reference, Donna!