September 27, 2008

J. K. Rowling, R. L. Stine and Me?

Q: In which newspaper would you find mega-best-selling authors J. K. Rowling, R. L. Stine and, um, me in the same article?

A: The San Francisco Chronicle.



In other news . . .

Support the First Amendment, Read a Banned Book


Banned Books Week is September 27th through October 4th. Click here to read a letter from Chip Gibson, President & Publisher of Random House Children’s Books. Learn more here.



And still other book news . . .


Thanks to the people from the Osceola library system who did a great job putting together the Fall into Reading Book Festival.



Here I am at the display table with my goodies. (Notice the voter registration forms in the middle of the table? Everyone I asked was already registered to vote. Are you? If not, hurry it up; you only have until October 6th!)


I had a blast meeting Chris Crutcher and hearing him speak and read from some of his books.


Lisa Campbell Ernst was wonderful, and I enjoyed our conversation, but unfortunately had to leave before her presentation.


Big thanks to Hubby for waking at 5 a.m. and driving 2 ½ hours with me even though he had a cold.



Well, I don’t know about you, but I’m off to exercise my right to read a banned book. Hmm. I’ve got one of Chris Crutcher’s right here.


Happy reading/registering,

Donna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checked out that scary book comment in the Chronicle. You're in exalted company, friend.

Great to see you at the writer's group this afternoon, adding to the exalted company all around.

Wild About Words said...

Thanks, Sylvia, for always being the most gracious, warmest, wisest hostess in town!

You continue to inspire me,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Hello
cheap levitra online
The major ingredients in Levitra is Vardenafil HCL.
[url=http://www.mitsubishirockhill.com/]generic vardenafil[/url]
, 5 mg.
http://www.mitsubishirockhill.com/ - levitra price
Levitra is PDE5 inhibitor that works by helping the muscles relax and increases blood flow to the penis that causes penile erection during sexual stimulation.