September 23, 2009

A Few Things to SMILE About



Yesterday, a magazine editor called to tell me her budget was slashed. Again. And even though she liked my submissions, she's now unable to purchase them.

I thanked her and told her I understood, because I do. Budgets are being cut. Jobs are being cut. And people are being asked to do more for less. I get it. We all get it.

So, instead of wallowing in the negative news, I found a few things to smile about . . .

1. Someone dedicated a book to my husband. Type "Dan Gephart" into the search engine at Amazon and this book comes up. Clifford A Ramirez told Dan he appreciated his guidance and inspiration. Thanks, Cliff!

2. Yesterday, I got separate e-mails from a mother and her daughter, who each read and enjoyed my book. They live where my novel is set -- Tallahassee, Florida -- and the mother told me I got the facts right so she could enjoy the story. Whew! All that research paid off. And the daughter said she wished she could be best friends with my main character. What a day-brightener!

3. And the best reason to smile? Our youngest son GOT HIS BRACES OFF. . . after more than three years.


HOORAY, JAKE!!!

No comments: