November 1, 2011

An October to Dismember, er, Remember

Writing:

I've LOVED Scholastic's Storyworks Magazine since our boys were in elementary school and I'd steal, um, borrow their copies.  Great stories, poetry, non-fiction, word games, etc.

When I discovered that the author of a delightful novel, Emma Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree, was also the editor of Storyworks Magazine, I had to write to the amazing Lauren Tarshis.

Next thing I knew, Lauren had enjoyed my first book and I found myself writing a short story for Storyworks Magazine.  It appeared in their October issue.  I love the layout and artwork.  And I'm so proud to have my work in this publication.  Thank you, Lauren! 

Later, I found out How to Survive Middle School was the 2nd bestseller in middle grade books for Scholastic Book Clubs.  It ranked higher than James Patterson's middle school book. Check it out!


Food:

Halloween gives me a chance to combine two favorite things -- food and spooky stuff.  Here are a few ghoulish goodies:


Breadstick Bones

Carrot Claws

Mummy Pizza

Decorations in the hood:

Skeleton, Florida Style

The Raven . . . and the Lizard
De-Lightful Skeleton

Killer Kitty


Now, for the scariest thing of all:



Teddy surveys the damage caused by . . .


GHOST DOG!!!
  
HOPE YOU ALL HAD A HALLOWEEN TO DISMEMBER, ER, REMEMBER!

2 comments:

Gail Shepherd said...

I'm falling on the floor laughing over that ghost dog. Oh my, so scaaaaary!

Wild About Words said...

And he looks so innocent when his eyes aren't glowing like that. But really, demon dogs are so much fun.