|Thurber House in Columbus, OH|
I'll live in the upstairs apartment of James Thurber's boyhood home in Columbus, OH . . . along with a GHOST.
Don't believe me? Check out this video!
(With Spanish subtitles. Heh heh!)
How did I get myself into this spooky predicament, er, I mean wonderful opportunity? You can read about how many times I applied here. After so many attempts, I'm so happy to be this summer's 2012 Children's Writer in Residence. (Well, except for that pesky ghost thing.)
Here's a schedule of my activities (many of which are open to the public):
- Monday, June 25th, 12:30-2:40 p.m. -- Teaching at the Thurber Summer Writing Camp
- Tuesday, June 26th, 6:00-8:00 p.m. -- Visiting the Young Writers' Studio
- Wednesday, June 27th, 9:30-11:30 a.m. -- Teach creative writing class at the King Arts Complex
- Friday, June 29th, 9:30-11:30 a.m. -- Teach creative writing class at the King Arts Complex
- Tuesday, July 10th, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. -- Teach writing workshop at the Old Worthington Library (Open to the public.)
- Tuesday, July 10th, 2:00-3:00 p.m. -- Teach writing workshop at the Northwest Worthington LIbrary (Open to the public.)
- Wednesday, July 11th, 9:30-11:45 a.m. -- Teaching at the Thurber Summer Writing Camp
- Thursday, July 12th, 6:00-8:00 p.m. -- Reading at McConnell Arts Center (Open to the public.)
- Monday, July 16th, 12:30-2:40 -- Teaching at the Thurber Summer Writing Camp
- Tuesday and Wednesday, July 17th and 18th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. -- Teaching creative writing clsses at the Homeless Families Foundation
- Thursday, July 19th, 2-3 p.m. -- Reading at Northside Library (Open to the pubic.)
- (A bookstore appearance to be announced.)
And these guys . . .
And these gals . . .
And lots of other guys and gals!
Oh yeah, I'll also be writing! And writing! AND WRITING!!!
Maybe the Thurber House ghost can help me pen my mysterious new book. Hmm. Reminds me of this fun book by Kate Klise:
The ghost and I wish you a very happy summer!