November 27, 2012

Guest Blogger -- Hammy the Hamster

In honor of Hammy's world-famous YouTube video hitting over 30,000 views, I invited him to create today's blog post.  Take it away, Hammy!


I'm Hammy the Hamster.  That's me on the cover of How to Survive Middle School, written by What's-Her-Name.  She's busy writing her new novel, so she asked me to write today's post.  And she's not even paying me.  Cheapskate!  And I don't even have fingers.  Just really cute paws.

Anyway, here I am in this video created by the awesome team at Page Turner Adventures.



"I'd like to thank my mom and dad and my 17 brothers and sisters and--"

"Ahem, Hammy, could you please get back to the post?"

"Sure.  Sorry."  Bossy writer lady!

Because I LOVE books about hamsters (They're DELICIOUS!), I wanted to let you know about some other hamster books I think are yummy, er, super fun to read . . .

Try Betty Birney's Humphrey books.  Check out the entire series . . .


Also, there's the I, Freddy series by Dietlof Reiche . . .


Need a dose of pun fun?  Try Bruce Hale's Chet Gecko mystery series book, The Hamster of the Baskervilles . . .


You might even like The Great Hamster Massacre by Katie Davies about, gulp, hamster homicide.  I don't!!!  Even the cover gives this hamster hives.


Rev your engines for the awesome Hot Rod Hamster by Cynthia Lord . . .


Cynthia Lord has some cute photos of her guinea pig, Cookie, on her blog

I like guinea pigs.  They're funky!

And this video (for Scholastic Book Fairs) by Page Turner Adventures proves it . . .


"Now, I'm going to recite for you my 12-page hamster ode that I created to--"

"Say good-bye, Hammy."

"Good-bye, Hammy."

4 comments:

Debby Garfinkle said...

I love the trailer! So funny!

I'm writing an anti-hamster book (part of my Zeke Meeks series). Don't hate on me, Hammy!

Riley Roam said...

It think it's time we made another video together, Hammy. You're a super star, kid. I'm thinking something Lady Gaga-ish. I'll have my people call your people!

Wild About Words said...

Debby,

How could you? Hamsters are so sweet and adorable and, might I add, talented. Please reconsider.

Yours in fluff,
Hammy

Wild About Words said...

Riley,

I'll follow you anywhere . . . as long as I'm not stuck in one of those annoying hamster balls.

Your pal,
Hammy