May 17, 2013

I'll Take Fun Skype Visits for $400 . . .

Lots of FUNtastic Skype visits this week.

Yesterday, a school book club from New York created a Jeopardy! board, which they used to ask me questions.  (Olivia Bean would have been proud!)


Aren't these kids precious?  (Half a dozen book club members forgot to show up.  But they're all getting signed bookmarks!)


And this sweet crew from Massachusetts, who had excellent questions for me . . .


My first Google Hangout was with 50 middle schoolers at a public library in Indiana.  What fun!

A student sits in front of the camera to ask a question.

And finally . . . the biggest, zaniest Skype visit I ever did was with Deb Tyo's amazing students from Ohio.

Here's a small portion of the students.

Some of the students created a video invitation for me to Skype with their class during World Read Aloud Day.


But nature had other ideas.  School was cancelled that day because of snow.  I suggested everyone fly down to Florida, but some people were too busy playing in the snow . . .

Photo courtesy of Deb Tyo

We made up for the missed Skype visit today.  These kids were so enthusiastic and well-prepared!  When they asked about my new book and I held up my finished manuscript for DEATH BY TOILET PAPER, the toilet paper went flying . . .


It was so much fun visiting teachers, librarians and superstar students in four states this week without ever changing out of my slippers. 

2 comments:

Becca Puglisi said...

Donna, you're a definite force to be reckoned with. I'm always amazed at how much work you manage to get done. Congrats on your 500th blog post!

Wild About Words said...

Thanks, Becca!

I'm always amazed at how much you accomplish, especially with two young children.

Love your EMOTION THESAURUS and can't wait till you and Angela release your next book(s)!