June 23, 2010

Why I Love What I Do . . .

Just spent the best hour of my day with the C.I.T.s at Jewish Camp of the Arts. What a remarkable group of young teens!

When I finished presenting, one girl said, "When I found out about this, I thought it would be so boring, but it was so much fun."

Another C.I.T. had to leave for a minute to kiss one of the young campers good-bye.

And when one of the C.I.T.s wanted to buy a book, but neither of us had the couple dollars change, she said, "Please keep it an donate it to a Jewish charity." Will do.

Such a bright, enthusiastic, NICE group of kids. They reminded me why I love what I do.

This was my last speaking engagement until fall. Then I have some really interesting gigs to look forward to.

Thank you, Jewish Camp of the Arts!

2 comments:

Stephanie J. Blake said...

YAY! You won my revision arsenal! Email me with an address and I'll send out your prize!

Wild About Words said...

Thanks, Stephanie! And congrats again on your WONDERFUL news!