(Thanks to those Facebookians who contributed their favorite first lines.)
CAN YOU NAME THAT BOOK?
1. "Where's papa going with that ax?" said Fern to her mother as they were setting the table for breakfast. (submitted by Rebecca Puglisi and Helen Aitken)
2. "Today I moved to a twelve-acre rock covered with cement, topped with bird turd and surrounded by water." (submitted by Dawn Malone)
3. "It was a dark and stormy night." (submitted by Heidi Estrin)
4. "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." (Submitted by Herb Levine.)
5. ” If you happen to go to school just outside London, you might find yourself sitting next to a girl called Bindi." (submitted by Littlepinkstars Reads)
6. "I am on my mountain in a tree home that people have passed without ever knowing that I am here." (submitted by Paul May)
7. "Zeke's tree wouldn't speak to him." (submitted by Cheri Williams)
To check your answers, read the first comment. And feel free to share YOUR favorite first lines in the comment section.