1. Thanks to Nathan Bransford for mentioning 6 1/2 Book Promotion Tips by the amazing Cynthia Leitich Smith. And thanks to Cynthia for sharing her expertise!
2. Exciting 6 1/2 Lists are on the horizon. Agent, Tina Wexler from I.C.M. Talent, will be sharing tips. And Paul May shares his funny list about what waiting for "the call" is like for a writer.
3. Hurry! Win a copy of AS IF BEING 12 3/4 ISN'T BAD ENOUGH, MY MOTHER IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT! in paperback from GOODREADS. (Contest expires, um, right this minute.) Or buy a hardback copy for a strangely low price. (Great way to get in good with your kid's teacher this fall -- donate a copy to the classroom library.)
4. Looks like there might be some exciting book news to share soon. But right now -- Shhhh! -- it's a secret.
5. Finally, this sweet girl posted about a billion . . . or maybe a zillion clips on YouTube of her reading HOW TO SURVIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL.
I love this for many reasons.
A. The book is about a boy who creates videos for YouTube, and I'd hoped young readers would connect with that element and be inspired to create their own videos.
B. I can't imagine how much time she spent doing this.
C. She looks like I did at that age, except I didn't wear glasses . . . yet.
D. Check out her fun yellow nail polish!
Post a Comment