March 20, 2012

Skype Me Up, Scotty

Who doesn't love a good Skype visit?

I had the pleasure of visiting with a middle school book club in New York without setting foot on an airplane.  I didn't have to take my shoes off and walk through airport security.  Heck, I didn't even wear shoes! 

The wonderful students asked me great questions about how I came up with my ideas, how they could become writers and why I decided to become a writer.  (Because I get to do fun things, like have Skype visits with amazing kids.)

Here's Zoe, who has a pink stripe in her hair . . .


The students were so sweet . . .


A big THANK YOU to Ms. Foran for arranging the visit and for allowing me to spend time with her book club members! 


What a delightful diversion during the day.  And to think, I visited a site 1,200 miles away and didn't even get jet lag.

No comments: