March 7, 2012

WORLD READ ALOUD DAY 2012

8 Classrooms.

6  States.

1 AMAZING SHARED EXPERIENCE ON WORLD READ ALOUD DAY

Today, I had the great fun of Skyping with wonderful students, sharing my love for reading and an excerpt from my new book, Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen.  

Thanks to Kate Messner for connecting authors with classrooms as part of this special day!

And thanks to the wonderful educators and librarians for connecting me with your students.

These kids live where I used to live in Bensalem, PA.  We had a great time talking about the one thing I miss almost as much as my family -- PHILLY SOFT PRETZELS!

I managed to keep these awesome North Carolina kids in the dark.

This Western Pennsylvania book club shared their favorite books.  I have a lot of reading to do to keep up with them!

Loved the kids from this New York middle school. 

While it looks like I was speaking to only a few, this was a great group from New Hampshire.  They were part of a book club that regularly Skypes with authors.

Iowa is in the house!  Thanks Ms. McClintock Miller for connecting during your very busy day.  This is our second year working together during World Read Aloud Day.

Bad lighting.  GREAT kids from NY!

Ms. Tyo, we meet again.  These Ohio students are great readers and totally rocked World Read Aloud Day!





3 comments:

Bonnee Crawford said...

That must have been so much fun for both you and all the kids who were involved.

Wild About Words said...

Thanks, Bonnee! It's a great way to connect with kids all over the country without generating all kinds of pollution getting there.

Bonnee Crawford said...

I see your logic there :3 They don't have to travel and neither do you.