August 1, 2012

Inspiration for Writers -- Six Great Sites to Visit

1.  Today, Laurie Halse Anderson begins her WRITE FIFTEEN MINUTES A DAY CHALLENGE.  I'm in.  Are you?

2.  Have you seen some of the great middle grade books coming out?  There are new ones by Gordon Korman, Rebecca Stead, Walter Dean Myers,  Bruce Coville, Tom Angleberger and many others.  Check out the list at FROM THE MIXED-UP FILES.

3.  Kate Messner's blog for teachers who write is going strong.  Today's post is a Q & A with published authors. 

4.  Cynthia Leitich Smith's blog is always brimming with industry news, interviews, opportunities, giveaways, etc.  I've followed it for years!

5.  I'm a big fan of Katie Davis' podcast, Brain Burps About Books.  It's chock full of industry info, interviews, book reviews and so much more.

6.  If you're not able to attend the sold-out S.C.B.W.I. Conference in L.A., you can get interviews and recaps at their OFFICIAL BLOG SITE.  I plan to check it out daily and live vicariously until I absolutely, positively get there next summer.  (I'd so hoped to see the Golden Kite Award winners receive their honors at the luncheon since I was on the committee to choose the winners with Julia Durango and Steve Watkins.) But I was already away most of the summer here.

What sites inspire YOU to write and keep writing?

3 comments:

Sylvia Andrews said...

Thanks, Donna! Great list. I'm raising a glass of Mango Cream Smoothie to Next Year at Los Angeles.

Rob Sanders said...

Visit Picture This--The blog for picture book writers!
www.robsanderswrites.blogspot.com

Wild About Words said...

Rob, thanks for the reminder to visit your excellent site.
Sylvia, am toasting as well to next year at L.A. plus a few sales under our belts as well.