September 21, 2007

Favorite (Food) Book Friday

In Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life, Barbara Kingsolver intelligently chronicles her family’s foray into eating more thoughtfully. In an effort to reduce their carbon footprint, they commit to either growing their own food or buying it locally for a year. Throughout the book, her husband writes about important global food issues, and her older daughter provides insights and recipes.

Last night, using one of the recipes, I made “Eggs in a Nest.”





That recipe, and several others, can be found at www.animalvegetablemiracle.com

And for a great list of favorite books, "Books That Linger," check out Cynthia Lord's blog here.

Finally, for those of you whom I’ve managed to addict to www.joytube.com/wordy, I apologize. Sort of. But keep at it, fellow word nerds! There are still two days remaining to break my record and win a prize. I’m not Joe King.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wordy is addictive!