March 2, 2011

School Visit with Invisible Students

A big barrel of THANKS to Kim Maihack for inviting me to speak to the 5th, 6th and 7th grade students at ALL SAINTS.

I'd show you a photo of the 150 students sitting on the gym floor, but someone, ahem, forgot to take out her camera and snap said photo.

You'll have to take my word for it when I tell you this was one of the nicest group of kids I've ever spoken before . . . and I've spoken in front of some pretty awesome kids. They weren't only nice to me, they were nice to each other.

And they asked excellent questions when the presentation was over.

One girl asked, "Don't you ever get nervous speaking in front of so many people?"

I answered her honestly, "I was nervous before coming here to speak to you guys. But being nervous isn't such a bad thing. It makes me practice more."

I chatted with some of the students, signed books and finally remembered to get a snap of Kim, who runs the beautiful media center at ALL SAINTS . . .




And Eileen, who is Kim's assistant in the media center . . .




Thanks so much for having me. It was a real pleasure to spend time with your wonderful students, who are unfortunately, um, not pictured here.

No comments: